Adopted by the Eagle Public Library Board of Trustees, January 16, 2019
Reviewed and reaffirmed, June 15, 2022
The purpose of the Computer Use Policy is to set form use guidelines. The policy works in conjunction with all existing applicable Eagle Public Library policies.
LYNX! Consortium Libraries include the Eagle Public Library, Ada Communities Library, Boise Public Library, Caldwell Public Library, Emmett Public Library, Garden City Public Library, Hailey Public Library, Kuna Library District, Meridian Library District, Mountain Home Public Library, Nampa Public Library, and the Twin Falls Public Library.
Computer Use Minimum Requirements
A valid LYNX! Consortium Library card in good standing (fines and/or fees under $10) is required to access the Internet or use public access computers at the Eagle Public Library. For guests who do not qualify for a library card, a visitor pass is available.
Access is provided for up to two hours per day. Access time can be extended at the discretion of library staff dependent upon computer availability. Using another guest’s library card for computer access is prohibited. Doing so will result in the cardholder losing their computer privileges. The Library is not responsible for any data lost when the computers shut down.
Guests are required to:
- respect the privacy of others by not representing oneself as another user; by not attempting to modify or gain access to files, passwords, or data belonging to others and by not seeking unauthorized access to any computer system;
- abide by the time limitation;
- not have more than two guests at each public computer at one time (three or more are allowed at the discretion of the library staff);
- surrender the device immediately when asked to do so by a staff member;
- pay 10 cents per page for black and white prints; and
- pay 50 cents per page for color prints.
Amendment of Policy
The Board of Trustees of the Eagle Public Library reserves the right to review and amend this policy at any time.